Introducing myself – practise online?

• Nesya

September 2, 2021 at 12:11 pm

Hi Ornella, nice to e-meet you! I’m also new here.

Hello everyone! Allow me to introduce myself. This is Nesya from Jakarta. I started my yoga journey on 2014 through a fitness center in the city. What took me so long to levelling up on yoga? it’s because I wasn’t ready both mentally and emotionally. I am a person who will make a serious commitment when I choose/ decide on something. I did not think that being a yoga teacher can be interesting to me. Until one day, I found there was joy in myself when I shared with my mom some gentle yoga poses and taught her on how to start a simple meditation to reduce her anxiety (she has problem with stress and thus affecting her acid so much). She trusted me and was impressed about the result, so from that moment on she meditates regularly, almost everyday. It was hard to describe how happy I was when I saw my mom practiced her first meditation and could sleep better than she was before. So, I began to think about what made me so happy? I am happy to help my mother to get a better sleep quality, I am very very happy to see her smile every time she tells me “I had a very good sleep lastnight after 15mins meditation you taught me about”. Then I ask myself, why not helping others too? I can help many people to have a better life balance. It’s obviously makes me happy and happens like a wake-up call to me to help more and more people like my mom. I also helped 1 of my team mates in the company, he is very happy as well that I share the same things I taught to my mom. Moreover, I live in a very stressful city where I, myself, need to find my inner peace as well – as a part of my well-being.

So here I am, in the House of Om platform. Actually I already made this plan since Jan as a 2021 resolution but at that time I was considering which yoga school should I take, the pandemic problems and so on. So, now I am happy that I finally chose House of Om to start my next yoga journey. I’m still exploring here on the platform so please bear with me especially to Sasa ^^ thanks for assisting me so far, pardon my technical problem like I just accidentally left the group you assigned me to hehe..??

Lastly, allow me to ask/ learn more about yoga from all of you here, all the gurus and yoga seniors. Namaste?

• Julieta Tomas

October 2, 2021 at 4:39 pm

@nesyawang loved your story and your love for your mom ? The most beautiful thing of yoga is to share all the good things that you experience and lear with it. Share and spread love. ?

I started yoga 11 years old when i was very stress in my job. I wasnt happy doing what I was doing and it gave me a lot of anxiety. Yoga changed my life

Nice to meet you! ?

• Nesya

October 5, 2021 at 6:04 am

Oh, hello again! @julieta-tomas

Aww thank you so much for your beautiful words, it means a lot to me. And yes, indeed through yoga we share the love and always trying to be the best version of ourselves. I’m happy that we have things in common to share up with and how you did overcome it through yoga, such an amazing story!

Likewise! nice to e-meet you too!?? I just followed your IG , mine is @butterflybaile hope we can share a bit more through the IG. Stay safe!

-Namaste-

• Heba Elshindidy

September 11, 2021 at 12:01 am

Hey fellow Yogis ? I’m Heba born in Egypt ?? living in New Zealand ?? Used to work as an engineer for a long time, but after a car accident (a terrible one) my life has changed, quit my job and started taking care more of me. That’s when I started yoga and it was totally by chance. The feeling i got after my fist class was magical!! And then i knew that i want to help others have the same experience ? from day one i knew that i wanna be a Yoga teacher ? and here I am, after many years of postponing this dream due to family requirements (mother of two) I’m finally chasing my dream and can’t wait to start my new life as a yoga teacher ???

Namaste ?

• Tatiana Caycedo

September 30, 2021 at 2:42 am

Hi everyone…

I’m very grateful and happy for this new experience… as @heba-mohamed89 I`m engineer but still in the bussinness and starting this new path in my live, so I’m thinking how this could result at the end!

By the way my name is Tatiana from Colombia, hoping learn new things about yoga for improve myself and in the future help others.

Namaste and kisses

• Heba Elshindidy

September 30, 2021 at 5:01 am

Hey Tatiana,

I know how hectic the engineering life could be ? but i guess you could start teaching in the evenings or early mornings, even on the weekends. It can help in stress handling too ? if you don’t want to be totally committed to teaching like in a studio or so, you can start with you friends and family to practice first in a park or even at home if you have a space for it. Don’t be hard on yourself and try to enjoy it, things will come at the end ? and before you even know it you’re hear will tell you what path to follow ❤

Sending lots of love ?

• Julieta Tomas

October 2, 2021 at 4:44 pm

Hi Heba! Nice reading you. Terrible to read about your accident. Hope you are totally fine now ?

I know what is that of postpone yourself. I have that feeling since the pandemic started cause my son is still learning from home (he is 8 years old) and I feel this 20 months I postpone a lot of things, mainly my daily yoga practice (Im a yoga teacher and for me this it was unthinkable)

Nice to meet you! ?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Julieta Tomas.
  • Julieta Tomas

October 2, 2021 at 4:29 pm

Hola Ornella! Patagonia: ? I am from Argentina but lived in Perú the last 9 years. . Nice to meet you?

• Julieta Tomas

October 2, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Hi Tatiana @tatiana_cay nice to meet you! Im from Argentina but I lived in Perú the last 9 years. Im a mom of a beautiful son of 8 years old and a beautiful dog called Shanti of 2 years and a half. Happy to be here and learn and share with all of you ?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Julieta Tomas.
    • Tatiana Caycedo

October 10, 2021 at 1:06 am

@julieta-tomas I love the name of your dog…