Padmasana – The Lotus Pose
Opens up the hips
Stretches the ankles and knees
Calms the brain
Increases awareness and attentiveness
Keeps the spine straight
Improves the posture
Eases menstrual discomfort and sciatica
Helps keeping joints and ligaments flexible
Stimulates the spine, pelvis, abdomen, and bladder
Siddhasana – Accomplished Pose
Purification of nadis (energy channels) of the body
Good for the knee joints as the synovial fluid is released, and is helpful for the spastic body pains.
Reduces stress and anxiety
It calms the nervous system and gives control over sexual urges
It stimulates both Muladhara (root), and Svadisthana (spleen and sacral) chakras
Sukhasana – Easy Pose
- Stretches and Lengthens your spine.
- It calms your mind.
- Enhance your condition of peacefulness and serenity.
- Relieves anxiety, stress and mental tiredness.
- It helps in improving body posture.
- It opens the hips.
- It helps in reducing fatigue.
- It strengths your back and stretches your ankles and knees.
Vajrasana – Thunderbolt Pose
- Improves posture
- Improves digestion and promotes weight loss.
- Can help with arthritis
- Increases leg muscle strength and its flexibility
- Improves blood circulation
Agnistambhasana – Firelog Pose
- Stretches the hips, psoas, glutes, inner thighs, groin, ankles, quadriceps and hamstrings.
- A very deep hip opener.
- Reduces fat: By engaging all of the lower body Heals lower back pain Enhances sexual health
- Benefit the nervous system
- Stimulates the sacral chakra
Badhakonasana – Butterfly Pose
- Improves flexibility in the groin and hip region.
- A deep hip opener.
- Stretches the inner and outer thighs, groins, and knees.
- Removes fatigue from long hours of standing and walking.
- Butterfly pose offers relief from menstrual discomfort and menopause symptoms.
Navasana or Naukasana – Boat Pose
- Strengthens the Abdominal Muscles
- Improves the Functioning of Liver and Kidneys
- Promotes Healthy Weight Loss
- Stress relief, calms the nerves
- Stimulates blood circulation
Kati Navasana – Side Boat Pose
- Same as the regular boat pose
- Strengthens the oblique muscles
- Strengthens the legs and back
- Promotes a spinal twist
Shashankasana – Rabbit Pose
Soothes and relaxes Spinal Nerves
Activate Solar Plexus and Third Eye Chakra
Enhances the function of the reproductive system
Reduces stress and anxiety
Helps in maintaining the weight as it stimulates the digestive fire.
Upavistha Konasana – Wide Angle Seated Forward Bend
- Opens the hips while stretching out the entire back side of the body – legs, back, arms.
- Stretches the insides of the legs.
- It stimulates the abdominal organs.
- Strengthens the spine.
- Releases the groins.
- Calms the brain.
Janushirshasana – Head to Knee Pose
- It calms the brain and eliminates mild depression
- It stretches the spine, liver, hamstrings, groins, and shoulders
- Stimulates the kidneys and liver
- Reduces pain in the waist and legs
- Reduces belly fat
- Improves digestion.
- Strengthens rib bones