Back Bending and Spinal Twist Asanas
Back Bending Asanas
Chakrasana – Wheel Pose
- Strengths the Vertebrae
- Streches the back
- Improves spine flexibility
- Opens the heart chakra
- Promotes weight loss
- Reduces Osteoporosis
- Energizes the body
Shalabhasana – Locust Pose
- Improves Digestion Ability
- Increases Sexual Stamina
- Strengthens the abdominal and back muscles
- Reduction of stress and tension.
Vipreet Naukasana – Inverted Boat Pose
- Reduces belly fat.
- It also strengthens your hips and ties which brings both, your buttocks and your legs, into a nice shape.
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Softens and stimulates the kidneys, thyroid glands and prostate gland.
Chamatkarasana – Wild Thing Pose
- Stretches the chest, shoulders and throat
- Opens the hips and hip flexors
- Stretches and strengthens the back
- Energizes the body and mind
Setu Bandhasana – Bridge Pose
- Helps in improving your digestion.
- Calms down your brain, reducing anxiety and stress.
- Strengthens your back muscles.
- Helps in pumping more air to your lungs and improves the overall performance of the body.
- Helpfs in high blood pressure and asthma.
- Stretches your neck, back, and legs.
Dhanurasana – Bow Pose
- Helps stimulating reproductive organs.
- Cures respiratory disorder.
- Improve the function of the liver, pancreas, small intestine, and big intestine
- Strengthens back muscles.
- Cure menstruation disorder.
Urdvamukha Svanasana – Upward Facing Dog
- Opens the chest
- Stimulates the abdominal muscles
- Strengthens back muscles
- Stretches wrists and tones arm muscles
- Lengthens the spine.
Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose
- Stretches muscles in the shoulders, chest and abdominals
- Decreases stiffness of the lower back
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders
- Increases flexibility
- Improves menstrual irregularities
- Elevates mood
- Firms and tones the buttocks
- Invigorates the heart
- Stimulates organs in the abdomen, like the kidneys
- Relieves stress and fatigue
- Opens the chest and helps to clear the passages of the heart and lungs
- Improves circulation of blood and oxygen, especially throughout the spinal and pelvic regions
- Improves digestion
- Strengthens the spine
- Soothes sciatica
- Helps to ease symptoms of asthma
Spinal Twist Asanas
Merudandasana – Spinal Column Twist Pose
- Tones abdominal organs
- Relieves constipation
- Realigns the spine
- Improves balance, focus and flexibility
Marichyasana – Sage Marichy Twist Pose
- Enhances digestive functions
- Stimulates liver and kidneys function
- Promotes healthy blood circulation
- Strengthens the shoulders
Ardha Matsyendrasana – Sitting Half spinal Twist Pose
- Improves the elasticity of the spine.
- Tones the spinal nerves and improves the functioning of the spinal cord.
- Cures minor slipped disc
- Releases tension in the arms, shoulders, upper back and neck.
- Loosens the hip joints, relieving stiffness.
- Regulates the secretion of bile and adrenaline.
- Useful for diabetics, with concentration on the pancreas.